Why is Sujok Therapy called ‘Alternative’ if it is provable?
SJ. T. Sunil Mahajan:
The Su Jok system provably presumes that the functioning of our physical self can be directly controlled by tapping the body’s built-in neural networks and energy pathways. This is achieved by direct communications with them or through the transcendental levels.
Which means that the practitioner’s only role is to provide the appropriate stimuli, while the patient’s body, mind and soul carry out self-repairs of the system.
Mr. Qamar Javed Rehmani (B. Tech IITK 1975, CEN JEQ Solutions)
If it’s provable/replicable, then why is called Alternate Medicine?
SJ. T. Sunil Mahajan:
As per the dominant laws of most countries, the system of allopathic medicine has been considered as the mainstream medicine. That system has an overwhelming dominance because it has large funding. The funding comes because of:
1. The nature of the treatments encourages mass manufacturing of the drugs, making it an attractive investment destination
2. Patenting laws, under the excuse of IPR, allow monopolistic monoliths, for enormous profit-making
3. With the advent and domination of the system over the last 200 years, it became the darling of the policy-makers, who generally do not wish to fight the major sources of money making.
Hippocrates, unfortunately lost his relevance around 70 years ago. Now he is paid only lip-service.
The other streams also lost out in the dominance game due to built in weaknesses mainly
1. The insistence of the practitioners on preferring their family members only to carry on. Much knowledge got lost in the process.
2. The systems mainly use patient specific treatment, meaning the skills of the practitioner become important
3. There was not much emphasis on institutionalising the practices, making the systems exotic, not popular among the potential students.
4. Ancient texts were available only to a few.
5. In streams like Ayurveda and Unan, where drugs are used, there is no scope for monopoly, since they are mainly natural or simple derivatives thereof.
6. Exotic systems like Yoga, Reiki, Tai Chi and ultimately now, SUJOK a certain amount of transcendental training is required which requires a certain type of Character, Life-style & Training, restricting the number of advanced practitioners.
In short, the western system has been bankable, thus dominant, thus called the mainstream system. The other systems are “Alternative” since they have, so far, remained un-financeable. With changing scales due to large populations and with people of other skills, including HR & Marketing taking these up as their alternative professions, plus the endeavours of people like myself (there are many now) to start the processes of modernisation, techno-orientation & computerisation, both of the teaching processes as well as the treatment processes, things are changing
A not-so-well known fact is that the systems have also been receiving slowly increasing quiet support from the powers that be, because many V.V.I.Ps. have been treated quietly and very effectively, eliminating maladies for which they had been prescribed life-long medication or “Live with it” prognosis. This I know first-hand.